about 8 years ago
Let's Get Ready to Hack: Your Hackathon Checklist
It's almost time - Saturday isn't far now and then we will be all together vizualizing a better Boston at District Hall. A few important reminders! The doors will be open and registration begins at 9:00 a.m. - get there early to network and have some breakfast. Our introduction will then begin at 10:00 a.m. before our brainstorming and hacking start. There will be some optional training workshops following the brainstorm - more information to come on those sessions!
Where's District Hall? Right here, at 75 Northern Ave.
In addition to bringing your best ideas and willingness to say yes to anything, a few more practical suggestions:
Your work gear
- Bring any gear and hardware you may need. Laptop, chargers, networking gear and any other equipment you like working with - we unfortunately don't have any extra to lend out.
- For those developing for mobile devices, bring your smartphones and tablets.
- Bring a power strip if you have one. There are plentiful outlets around District Hall, but central power is an added way to make friends and keep your team together.
- The venue has excellent wi-fi - but back-up never hurts.
- The walls of District Hall are covered with idea paint - go nuts and mock up and brainstorm your best!
- To share code, plans and notes with your team, it might be a good idea to be ready with a GitHub, Evernote, Asana, Basecamp, or whatever account to share.
- If you have an idea in mind that requires a particular server/framework, consider setting some account(s) to allow others in your team to work with that resource.
Keep your energy levels up!
- We will be providing breakfast and lunch on Saturday throughout the day. Gather, the full-service restaurant connected to the work area, is also running its normal hours.
- There are plentiful watering holes and other food options in the Seaport area if you would like to pop out for some fresh air.
- Try and stay until then end of the day if your schedule allows - we will also be relaxing and networking at the conclusion of the workshop hours.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll also be able to easily recognize all of the City of Boston representatives throughout the weekend to ask in-person. We will be providing other details on software, free training sessions and prizes over the next few days, so stay tuned!